Saturday, November 13, 2010

The flu and daytime TV

I've had the stomach flu. It's been relatively horrible. Since I've been sitting in my arse for 3 days, I've had the pleasure of catching up on daytime TV that I've missed. What I've realized is that I didn't really miss it. 

The View is just a bunch of chickens clucking over eachother. Like my friend Amber says, it's really not "the view" since there are three very liberal democrats against a super conservative republican. Who's view is that? Who knows what they are talking about anyhow? 

The Today show is a good one, love Natalie Morales. And I love GMA. That was until Chris Cuomo and Diane Sawyer left. 

Regis and Kelly- well, Kelly is adorable, but Reg, oh Reg...your not as quick as you used to be. Love how you still call her Pippa though, so you don't have to retire just yet. 

Kathie Lee and Hoda....hmm.

Then comes the noon hour. America Live with Megyn Kelly. She may be the smartest, most adorable reporter ever. The way she can just get under Bill O'Reiley's skin, and he just smiles. I've decided he's smitten with her. 

Then I napped. 

Then I got kids and watched Nick Jr. until I felt my intelligence drop. Then, the obvious choice is E! News. You know nothing about anything unless you know all about LiLo's recent stint in rehab or Demi Lovato's mysterious trip to recovery. (Disney: I'm sensing a pattern here. It may be time for a Disney themed recovery center.I'm all about taking 10-15% since it's really my genius that thought of it)

Yeah, I realize I'm totally off topic. This has nothing to do with my children and they are the sole purpose for this. BUT I have been sequestered to my bedroom and have had nothing to do. I tried to watch Sex and the City 2, but I missed the end due to a phenegren induced coma. I have a list that is a mile long of things to do, but vomiting every time you stand isn't really conducive to any activity around the house. 

Will has learned to pretend to pass gas. He sticks his booty out and makes the sound and giggles. (it is pretty funny...shh i never said that) Guess who taught him that?mmm hmm.  That, my friends, is what happens when mommy is quarantined to the bedroom. 

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment