Tuesday, November 9, 2010

meet luke coburn

He is my second miracle baby.



he goes by luke. or lukie, or lukie doo. or "dookie" as will calls him.

He is 8 months old today, and I cannot believe that its already been that long since he came into the world.  I know every mother says that, but it is simply so true. Time really flies. He eats puffs and needs a seamstress.  His top is 12 months and his bottom is 9 months. No one tells retailers this. I'm lobbying for more separates, and onesies that have different lengths on the bottom. Get on it, Carter's.


He really loves the organic rice and lentils baby food. Ick.  John looked at him this morning and said "I bet he is going to be a handsome man." He will be. He is such a sweet baby. He is calm, brave and adventurous. He started pulling up and crawling forever ago.  (really, it was a little over 2 months ago, but still- he's a stud.) He has 4 teeth. 2 on bottom, and then two on top- but they are vampire fangs. Coolest baby on the planet.

When Will was oh, about 7 months old I found out I was pregnant.  Boy oh boy! That was a shocker. Not very often does a couple with a less than 5% chance of conceiving on their own in fact conceive on their own. But we hadn't even put Will's baby stuff up- so that made it easier. Of course I lasted about 5 seconds at work (7 months) before I had to go home. I am just not a great pregnant person. I played with Will, cleaned house, and got Lukie's room all ready for him. I wouldn't trade that time for anything. I was exhausted and had no idea what I was getting into, but luckily, he is my lover boy- my sweetheart, and I'm already so proud of him for being as brave and strong as he is. I can't even begin to describe the joy he immediately brought to our lives.





So, we have two miracle babies. Proves to us to always be humbled by what God can do, and that we have so much to learn from our little ones. Here I go on my music rant, but there is a line in "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens that says "From the moment I could talk, I was ordered to listen" and I always hoped that I would be the type of parent that would listen to my children, no matter their age. I think we have so much to learn from them about the world and about ourselves.

With that being said, I think I told Will to listen about 10,000 times today.

Point taken.

Ciao.

1 comment: