Wednesday, November 10, 2010

loss for words...

living in a small town you are usually safe. I usually feel safe anyway. This morning I learned that I am living in a naive bubble covered by azalea banners, chili cook offs, and night golf.  What I've also learned from the recent and tragic events in my small town is to hold your babies a little tighter, and still have faith that people are inherently good.  I would hate to wake up one day and realize how much evil is out there.

Caution vs. Fear, Naivety vs. Ignorance.

How do I teach them the difference when I don't even understand it? Big battles for my brain today.

My heart is broken for this poor family. Needless to say- I'm probably sleeping on the 3 feet of space between my babies' rooms tonight.

ciao.

2 comments:

  1. I will be encouraging on this post since there's really nothing to say about this that will make it better. BUT I am happy I stumbled upon your blog and go to know your boys, a little at least. They are both super cute and I can tell you are an awesome mommy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap, I just went to the Phoenix online and read this story. So sad! I

    ReplyDelete