Thursday, January 6, 2011

light falls throught the cracks

As many of you know, I listen to music all day in my little cube.  One of the bands I have come across and adore is Addison Road. I was googling them one day to find their tour schedule,  and came across the lead singer's blog.  There are a couple of entries that I have had to share with friends, whether they were thought provoking or hilarious, because Jenny, the author, is both of these.  Anyway, I thought this shed some light on what it is to be normal, to admit you are going through a crazy time, and to find some peace and joy in it. Find the light through the cracks.  2010 was such a challenge for me in terms of balancing my focus correctly, and "not sweating the small stuff" as my dad would say.  The small stuff was always in the forefront of my mind, and I was drowning in it. 

This entry of hers is really parallel with the way I was feeling.  She compares our lives to scrapbooks in a way that really made me think and inspired me.  I hope the link works and each of you all can get addicted to Jenny as I have.

http://www.jennysimmons.com/2011/01/light-falls-through-the-cracks.html

ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Addison Road. Especially her song "What Do I Know of Holy". Thanks for sharing her blog link. I am going to stock her now as well!

    ReplyDelete