Monday, January 3, 2011

Dear failure, BRING IT.

I heard Paul Wescott (White House Brief-I heart radio) mention this morning about failed resolutions. He said "I'm a fat guy anyway, so I vow not to gain 40 more lbs! How's that?!"

I'm liking this idea. I have already had chips and a candy bar this morning, and cursed about 10,000 times. I don't like people telling me what to do- even if that person is myself. I rebel, and yell a big 'screw you- I'll do as I please, thank you very much.'

I understand that telling myself to screw off is a little counter productive. But I do much better without the pressure. I quit.

What is your resolution? What are the chances, and be honest, that you will fail? 75%?? Why do we do this to ourselves? Let's better ourselves on April 16. Or the first day of summer. Why is the only time we try and make positive life changing habits, that we do it on the ONE day everyone else is too? Talk about pressure.

And January 1 is so damn cold. I can tell you that I'm 100% not doing any physical activity this evening. Especially outside.

Instead, I'll probably upload pics and tell you all about our ridiculous vacation where I tap danced wearing a oversized foam cowboy hat.

Until later, ciao.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


2 comments:

  1. I MISS YOU AND LOVE THIS!!! :) and would soo like to hear about your tap dancing....Melissa McFall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped doing resolutions years ago. I just try to better myself whenever a new thought strikes me instead of freaking myself out all at once. I like it. I don't need the pressure or another reason to feel like a failure. Day to day living gives me ample opportunity to feel less than.

    ReplyDelete