Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cursing Toddlers and Buzz Woody

Most of my friends have children that are older than mine. This is a great thing, cause they have done everything before. They own all the gadgets and let me borrow, they've already been through the phases where a sweet baby suddenly bites you and draws blood, and they have all had poop under their nails. I cherish our GNO's more than life itself.  Its a time to ask questions, have a relaxing beverage, and talk about everything and nothing. During a recent GNO, the subject of cursing toddlers came up. Two of my dear friends have little ones that have recently dropped the f-bomb.


I know that I should start watching my language, and that W is a little sponge that will soak up anything I say. SO, I watch my language (around him...kinda).  His daddy and his friends, not so much.  This is something that I don't know what I should do. I know that he is going to curse. Realistically, it will be sooner than later.  I know that I shouldn't let him say those things, but I will be a teensy bit more lenient than my mother, who wouldn't let us say "butt". 

How do you not laugh? If W looked straight at me and said " hey shithead!!"  I would laugh right in his face. That's just the truth.  Don't try to act like you wouldn't. You would too.

Another thing is the kid won't listen to ANYTHING I say. He knows exactly what no means, and he looks at me, smiles, and does whatever he wants.  I know what you are thinking-- he's a brat, he's testing you... yada yada, but seriously! How do you make him listen without beating him? (***disclaimer- I really don't beat him) 

 I would like to go through a night without having to watch "Buzz Woody" and saying "no, Will." 7000 times.  But he sure is cute.

See?

I hate Buzz Woody. It was cute the first 100 times, not anymore. The 12-inch Buzz and Woody dolls go with us EVERYWHERE and they are huge and uncomfortable.   He sleeps with the damn things, and its the first thing that he says when he wakes up. "momma- buzz woody?" I hate Buzz Woody. I know one day I will think they are adorable, and miss them saying "to infinity and beyond!" or "there's a snake in my boot!" But right now I am going bananas.

(little confession-- I have to sing the Gwen Stefani song to myself every time I spell bananas).

A little angel  dropped a macbook pro down from heaven today. I have no idea how to work it, so you may not hear from me for a while, but once I master it, there will be nothing holding me back! Watch out world! I'm so excited I just can't hide it.  Another confession: I think of Jessie Spano on diet pills when I sing that song.  Gotta love Elizabeth Berkley. Good little Jesse gone bad.

ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I said the f bomb one time around Addy months ago and to this day she randomly says it! In the worst places; church, my 91 year old grandmothers's, etc... so I totally understand the cursing toddler problem! Tinkerbell and shrek are the movies that are on at all times in our household and believe me I too have contemplated making those damn movies disappear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is on a cussing kick currently, I made him lick soap and he told me I was killing him!!!! I love my group of mommies I seek reassurance from too!

    ReplyDelete