Friday, December 17, 2010

I ate SPAM today.


I did. And, much to my dismay, I have to say that it may be better than bacon. (turkey bacon, that is)  It kind of stuck to my teeth a bit- not a fan of that- but it was kind of delicious in an 'ive been drinking a little and this is a great sandwich' kinda way.  I can no longer snub canned meat.
  SPAM. I googled it and found all sorts of recipes.  There is spam sushi. Yup, I'm for real.  I wonder what kind of parts are in there. I draw the line when I know an ear, hoof, or cheek is in my SPAM. I'll google that right now.... (pause while I google again...)


Oh wow! Apparently spam is really a "spiced ham" and is just pork shoulder and ham with a lot of chemicals to make it ok for it to be in a can.


However, I'm still skeptical.

Apparently it's a delicacy in Hawaii. That makes it sound better, right?

Maybe not. But the beach sounds nice.

Maybe a recipe from http://www.spam.com/- the blue ribbon state fair champion "Golden Spam Surprise"

And...maybe not. You can go on their website and listen to a song called "Pam don't take my SPAM"

Please Pam! Please take my SPAM.

Why are we naturally terrified of SPAM, but we will eat tuna, no problem? Apparently Jessica Simpson and I were the only two on the planet that thought Chicken of the Sea was actually chicken.  I thought there was another can called "Tuna of the Sea", I also "came home" to OK from KS by way of I35 NORTH. Yeah, that was a long day. 

that's no lie folks. I have no shame in admitting that.

I encourage each of you to buy a can of SPAM, and be creative. Let me know how it goes. I may even take myself up on my own challenge.   I'll post pictures. I've heard that eggs and SPAM is seriously delicious.

have a great weekend-

ciao.

1 comment:

  1. so funny thing, spam is made near a town my parents used to live in (Minnesota). Whenever guests would come to visit my mom would always put together baskets of all local things... wild rice, Funny books about Minnesota sayings, moose stuff, you get the picture. For the longest time everyone who recieved a basket assumed the Spam included was a joke, which I guess it was, but it is actually made in Minnesota. The Spam museum is located in Austin, MN and has free admission...wooo spam! (I personally love me some spam burgers I'm not going to lie!)

    ReplyDelete