Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Baby Book Bonanza

My kids don't have them. Well, they do, they are just in a Tupperware, and not a book.  I love my kids, I do, and I vowed to be better at this than my mother was.

You see, I got my baby books when I was 20. No, that isn't when she handed them to me in this coming of age ritual, that's when she did them. I won't even get into how there are pictures me with a report card that says "Jordan- 1985" when I was clearly in grade school, not preschool, but whatever... I'm clearly scarred from it.

So, I guess I need to do my kids books. What I have decided to do is do one book per season until they reach grade school, and then make 1 book a year after that. I can order 3 copies of the same book- one for me, one for each of them. Right? Surely there isn't a flaw in this plan. They will only be a year apart in school, so I think its logical. 

OMG- just explaining it stressed me out.

I have kind of started, but then the online program I use pisses me off, and I have to delete and start over.  And it's not that I don't take the pictures. I have like 10,000 on my computer. Literally. I took a photography class, for pete's sake. So they are there, and they are kind of good. They are just not in a book... 

I'm not a scrapbooker. I envy those who are, and those who write down when the first tooth came in, yada yada, but I don't do that. I buy all the calendars and crap to document it, but I don't ever do it.  I used to guilt myself , but I am over it.  My kids won't care when their teeth came in, or when they got what shot, cause who cares about that???  (Really, if you do, send me a message. I need to know and understand why.) Whatever. I know half of you are thinking the same thing and are scared you will look like a bad momma for not caring.  So here it is, OFFICIALLY:

My name is Jordan, and I do not have my kids baby books done, nor do I have immediate plans for completion of said baby books.  

There. it's out. Don't be scared anymore. 

So, I will continue to throw all their keepsakes in a giant Tupperware, where I am bound to mix them up, and hopefully it doesn't throw them into therapy later. 

I've lived a joyous and blessed life, and I feel like I have a great sense of identity, all without my pediatric shot records.

have a wonderful holiday and be nice to each other.

ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jordan! I like your blog! I too am very bad about the baby book. Sometime btwn Lily's 1st and 2nd birthday I realized there were ALOT of blanks in her book and of course I didn't remember what the correct dates were for each milestone, so I just made some good guesses, filled in the blanks and I figure in 10 years I won't remember that I made it all up!
    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up Jordan! My parents never did baby books either. opefully when we have kids, I will, but I'm still working on my Cheerleading scrapbook and have only gotten to the 9th grade year!
    I have found MyPublisher though...and I really like it...if you have all your pictures, they will do it for you! Just download the pictures and they will put them in chronological order. You can then go through and edit or delete.
    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete