Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Whats playing on my Ipod...

John would say I have horrible taste in music, but I beg to differ.  I love ballads, and I listen to an ipod all day, so I've found that mellow music is the least distracting while satisfying my need to do something other than stare at a computer.

I made a playlist today that is blowing my socks off.  I love it. I named it Picnic Blanket because I would like to be on a Picnic Blanket with an actual picnic while this is playing. Maybe a bonfire later in the evening, with lots of good pals around. Preferably on a beach...

Wow. I even lost myself there for a moment.


1) Dave Matthews Band. This should have a presence on every playlist.
2) Tracy Chapman- For You, Run, Fast Car, Baby Can I Hold You
3) Dan Fogelberg- Leader of the Band
4) Indigo Girls- Fleet of Hope
5) Sara Barielles- Hold my Heart, Machine Gun, River
6) John Mayer (see #1)
7) Rilo Kiley- 15
8) Jennifer Knapp- Refine Me, Martyrs and Thieves
9) Missy Higgins- Where I Stood, Nightminds
10) Eric Hutchinson- Food Chain, All Over Now, Ok its alright with me
11) Joshua Radin and Schuyler Fisk- Paperweight
12) Marc Cohn- Maybe I'm Amazed
13) Watermark- Captivate Us, Knees to the Earth
14) James Taylor and Carole King- Machine Gun Kelly, Blossom, Smackwater Jack
15) Third Day- When the Rain Comes
16) Taylor Swift- Never Grow Up, Dear John
17) Jack Johnson-(see #1)
18) Kate Nash- Birds (This song reminds me of John and I. I laugh everytime I hear it.)
19) Michelle Branch- A Case of You
20) Needtobreathe- The Outsiders, Garden
21) Zac Brown- Jolene, Whatever it is, and of course, Chicken Fried

I hope this inspires you to create situational playlists. Not really, but maybe you will find a song you like, and it will remind you of me, and a picnic blanket. Then maybe you will create one called "ski lodge" with songs that make you feel cozy and crave micro brews from little mountain breweries and a big roaring fire.

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment