Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ode to Relaxation

I left work today determined to not let every day chores overwhelm me, or take away from the 30 seconds I see my kids each day. Instead, I decided I need a reality show.

Cleaned out Wills closet while boys played. 15 minutes passed, and I peek to see 2 babies, 6000 wipees covering the floor, and every tiny plastic toy sprawled out across the room. How's that for counter productive?

Did the splits down the stairs holding Luke, while trying to catch a tumbling Will. Pretty sure I pulled my groin muscle. Will lived- I have a limp.

Had my egg roll stolen by same 2 year old. Punk.

Will thought it would be awesome if he dropped Lukie's video monitor in my water glass. It was awesome, but not for me. More for Summer Monitor Company, who I will buy my third monitor, @ $200 each. Maybe I should buy stock.


It's drying out in rice.

After all that, and giving my suddenly sweet toddler the 8 meds he gets each night, I'm relaxed and have absolutely nothing accomplished.

Here's to another day of cubicle life, and the most giant glass of wine that will be in my hand in less than 24 hours.

Lastly, Happy Birthday to my dear friend Liz, who gave me my first and best ever "mom to mom" advice. "your such a better mommy when you take time for yourself." Amen.

Night!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Home

3 comments:

  1. i am so excited for this blog! yeeeehaaa!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the life of a working mommy. It's great isn't it? I should have listened to Anna Nicole Smith and married for money!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. I can't believe you did the splits on the stairs while holding a baby and saving another. Betty really did teach you a trick or two on coordination!

    ReplyDelete