Monday, June 20, 2011

The Dukan Diet

I don't particularly think I need to lose weight....in the winter, that is. In the winter, you are covered up with layers, and look fantastic with your cashmere scarf covering your double chin.  I thought I looked okay for having 2 kids in 2 years.

Then I put on a bikini.

For all you haters- no, I do not think I am fat-- that is not what this is about.  I do, however, think that I look a little different than I did when I was a senior in highschool, although I weight the same amount. What is up with this? Will and Luke. That's what. Little punks.  So since I loathe working out, I have decided to lose a little more weight than I was intending.

Kate Middleton inspired American to jump on board with the Dukan diet, and I am a sucker, and I followed. Who doesn't want that body?  Nevermind the fact that she is at least 6 inches taller than me, childless, and a freaking princess....

Anyway...

So I started it.  The first day I was on the pure protein portion I was invited to Los Cabos. FAIL. I will do anything for a bowl of queso and a Corona.

So I started again yesterday. SUCCESS! 5 lbs down the first day. I couldn't believe it either. I am 130% sure that was all water weight, but I am not really complaining. Today I would have killed someone for a snickers, but I drank coffee at 3pm instead, and I have to say that I enjoyed it. My teeth are destined to be brown. It is inevitable.

Tomorrow I am allowed vegetables with my protein.  I think that includes barley and hops as they grow from the ground and are meant to be consumed.  I believe beer is totally natural, so I am adding it to the Cruise phase.  I will refrain from adding a play by play of my progress, but I may remember to tell funny stories about what has happened to me during this challenge.  The odds are against me, that is for sure, but I won the snickers battle, so I can do about anything... except turn down a beer.

toodles!

2 comments:

  1. You're baaaccckkk!!! I've been missing your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jordan! Haha, loved the read. all the haters definitely don't have kids!!!

    ReplyDelete