Wednesday, December 1, 2010

holiday weight loss tips (not really)

Since having a baby 9 months ago I have been on a quest to "lose the baby weight." Things keep getting in my way and screwing it all up. For one, the baby. I blame most of it on him. But if I want to be kind and say that it really is my fault, and it is, then I must say it is directly correlated with beer and laziness. Here I am folks, a modern day Homer Simpson. But a chick.  I'm sure this will lead you to the impression that I have beer with every dinner, which is quite the opposite of my reality. I won't lie, that would be glorious. Rather, I find that I try to consume my weekly intake all on Friday and Saturday nights. Some of us have to work during the week, you know.


There are little things that I like to call "roadblocks" that are screwing up my plans. I will list them in no particular order:

1) THE TODDLER.  I can't blame the baby for this one, but I CAN blame the toddler. I eat everything that he eats. Poor kid lives on raisins and whole grain goldfish because of my inability to have a smidgen of self control. It won't kill him.


2) JOEY WONKA I have a cubie that sells candy bars. I like to call him "Joey Wonka".  He comes off as being really nice and that hes doing it for his daughter's school, but I know the truth. He's really pocketing the money and taking his wife on a cruise. (not really, the kid has already gone to NY, I'm sure Prague is in her future with the amount of candy this guy sells to my coworkers.) 2pm rolls around and there is a line at his desk for chocolate bars and warheads. 


3) WENDY'S. Damn you and your new french fries. I literally feel like I will die if I don't get my hands on those. I want to try them so badly.

4) HOLIDAYS. Cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and more. Meals and traditions- calories galore.

5) BEER. I can't help myself.

Here's to a juice fast next week, and chatting with my treadmill. 

ciao.

3 comments:

  1. love your blog jordie!! hope to see you while we are home for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!! I too am still trying to loose the baby weight and she has officially reached 1 year. Please any advice I will take! But I too am a fan of beer :) and :(

    Lynsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too evan!! We r right across the field from Janet! Lynsey, I wish I had some. Truthfully, I have 10lbs that's lingering.I know how to get rid of it (burn more than you eat) but it's SO hard when u are a foodie and hate to be winded. Lol. Not to mention my negative balance of jordie time.

    ReplyDelete