Friday, March 11, 2011

Boogie woogie

Will has figured out that his little fingers fit perfectly in his little nostrils, AND they just so happen to pull out little boogies. He brings them to me like a dog would bring you a dead possum. 'look mommy!' and he's so proud of himself. It's pretty cute, I'll admit it. I love seeing preK pictures. There is always one kid digging in their nose. I hope Will is that kid.

With that bring said, when does one stop picking their nose? I remember telling my dad as he tucked me in that I was going to ask God to help me to quit picking my nose. I was probably 7 or 8. It didn't work. Fact is, we all have boogers. Where and how you pick your nose is key.

I can only use lent free tissue to blow my nose. Anything else and I will sneeze 1000 times. So sometimes a quick rearrangement of the boogies will suffice. Especially when you feel like one is stabbing you. Those are the worst.

I was at a stoplight today and there was a woman digging in her nostrils. If Emily Post had a rule for nose picking, this woman would have failed. Everyone knows you should pick while driving.

So this is most likely the lesson I am going to teach my offspring. It's okay to pick your boogies. Why isn't it? We all have them. Pick away, my people. Pick away.

Ciao
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! And I hate those stabbing ones too! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how many times have I been stopped at a light on a one-finger-mission of cleaning house (nose) and noticed the person next to me with a look of disgust on their face??? more than once.

    ReplyDelete