Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ode to Holiday Gluttony

Ive posted three pictures of cookies on my Facebook page in 24 hours. I have pondered the fate of each cookie before it was consumed. I sat there wondering, while holding its chocolate gooey goodness, which part of my body it will enlarge. Still, not caring, I shoved it down my throat, and it was divine. Every bite.  Truth be told, I didn't even like sweet stuff until I had kids. I devoured tubs of strawberry ice cream when I was pregnant with Will, and ate cookies and cereal non stop with Luke. So while I dream of having the body of my 20 year old self, I have decided that I would rather be full and happy. Today, at least.

My cousin Shari makes the most divine potato casserole.  She is known for it in our family. My poor brother even called from LA last year for the recipe cause he was homesick for it. He emailed a picture when we didn't believe that he really made it. I am still impressed with the fact that he had a casserole dish. To carry on tradition, I am making it this year. I stopped by her house to pick up my little people, and she refreshed my memory on some of her secrets. While I won't divulge them, I will say my treadmill may get a workout if I decide I care about it.  Here is what it looks like:


I think that I have finally come to a conclusion on the subject that has been tormenting my waistline. I will be surrounded this week with seriously horrible but delicious food. Its completely a blessing that we are fortunate to have such a bountiful harvest of heavy cream and sugar (not to mention cream of mushroom), so maybe we should all just partake in the festivities- live a little. It wouldn't be very Thanksgiving-ish for anyone to let it go to waste. Right?

Moving on to Glee... I really thought Kurt was going to get shot in the wedding by the bully. I was really scared for him. Thank goodness we have DVR so i could fast forward through commercials. It was a nail biter, that one.

Last, but not least, my babes.

Will demands to wear cowboy boots with no coat. He won't eat anything either (he ate a cookie, go figure.) I am told the anorexic thing is a stage. I figure he's like a puppy- he will eat when he's hungry.

Luke is almost 9 months old and starting to have his personality shine through. Tonight is the first time I ever saw one of us in him. He has this laugh thing where he kinda hisses and makes this silly face. Looks exactly like his daddy.

Pretty special little people, those two. Plus, they make me feel tall. That's just an added bonus. Their daddy is 6'5, so I don't think I'll be taller for much longer.

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Seriously your writing is so great. I feel like I am just talking to you on the phone. And I am trying a giveaway on my blog so go check it out. I'm pretty excited about it and will be sad if no one enters. Hint, hint.
    http://maggiemcblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete